GAME ON – OLG needs you
We said GAME ON, and we mean it – OLG is rapidly transforming its organization to better serve Ontarians by delivering exceptional gaming experiences through our digital, retail lottery and land-based casino channels. In our 2019-2020 fiscal year alone, OLG achieved net income of over $2.3 billion in the province of Ontario. OLG is now expanding its horizons even further, with a new strategic direction, to become a world-class gaming entertainment leader with a globally admired digital platform.
We are ready to take this game to the next level and need an enthusiast Corporate Investigations Manager provide operational and program support to the Director and senior managers of General Investigations, including in the areas of business continuity, case escalation, case assignment, training, development, budget and financial programs to ensure alignment and compliance with OLG’s mandate and policies. investigative expertise to OLG’s AML compliance program and serves as a point of reference for team members regarding workflow prioritization and issue management. When operationally necessary, the role may also conduct investigations to determine the validity of a claimant’s award claim and investigate alleged violations of internal policy, including the Code of Business Conduct and conflicts of interest.
YOUR ROLE IN THE GAME
Reporting to the Director of Corporate Investigations, you will be empowered to:
- Manage and oversee the development and maintenance of Enterprise Investigations Business Continuity Plans, in collaboration with OLG’s Business Resilience team.
- Conduct investigations, particularly of highly sensitive or high-risk topics and/or oversee their investigation, ensuring that they are escalated to senior management as appropriate.
- Manage investigative missions ensuring cases are triaged based on urgency, sensitivity and workload capacity of investigative team members.
- Oversee investigations conducted to appropriately mitigate money laundering risks; review customer transactions and behavior and escalate to AML unit as necessary.
- Act as the lead for the Investigations department with respect to department policies and procedures, audits and department technology, collaborating with various internal stakeholders as required.
- Act as the primary contact with the OPP on behalf of the Corporate Investigations Department; establish and maintain positive working relationships with the Ontario Provincial Police to support strong partnership and effective business practices in the management of investigations.
- Deliver and/or monitor department specific projects to ensure alignment with team goals and objectives.
- Monitor the quality of investigations conducted with respect to the first level investigation of alleged illegal and/or unethical practices by OLG Retailers to ensure that Retailers comply with the Criminal Code, the Ontario Lottery and Gaming Act, regulations, policies and procedures relevant to OLG’s business; provide feedback and advice to the investigator to rectify any issues.
- Use the results of investigations (including root cause analysis) to provide OLG management with advice and recommendations on the effectiveness of controls and options for improvement.
- Contribute to the development and optimization of the department’s policies and procedures, in collaboration with the Senior Director of Ethics and Compliance and the Director of Corporate Investigations.
- If necessary and appropriate, escalate complex investigative issues and/or observations to the Director of Corporate Investigations.
- Provide direction and work supervision to the Investigations Coordinator, acting as a point of reference to support resolution of day-to-day departmental issues and guide departmental priorities.
WHAT YOU NEED TO PLAY
Professional experience: 3-5 years of related experience.
Education: Post-secondary university degree or college diploma in business, law, finance or equivalent experience. Demonstrated ability to oversee the coordination of multiple processes for large teams (e.g. coordinate department meetings, training sessions (with internal staff and external vendors), budgets, tracking mechanisms, requests for information (FOI requests, AGCO requests, OLG internal audits, ILC audits, etc.). of all OLG lottery products, operations, retailer contracts and relevant laws Knowledge of financial crime typologies, including money laundering preferred Knowledge of the Criminal Code, Regulatory Act Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation Act, Provincial Offenses Act, as they relate to OLG investigations.
Critical Skills: Strong working knowledge of lottery products and game mechanics. Strong working knowledge of lottery products and game mechanics. Ability to prepare supporting documents for investigation cases. Analytical skills to obtain information and make strategic recommendations. Writing skills for investigative reporting. Ability to investigate reports that indicate suspicion of theft/fraud at the retailer; decide the extent and seriousness of the fraudulent activity and determine whether penalties should be applied and whether the matter should be referred internally, to the provincial regulator or to the OPP Ontario. Strong judgment and decision-making skills. Excellent knowledge and demonstrated experience in the use of computer databases, office technology and computer programs (i.e. Microsoft Access, SQL Server, MS Visio). Leadership skills to provide guidance and manage team member workflow.
Strategic Thinker: strong strategic and critical thinker with the ability to immerse themselves in unique challenges and find creative solutions.
Integrity and trust: do what is right and operate with transparency and openness.
Licenses, Registrations, Certificates: AGCO Category 1 Game Assistant Registration (Initiated at the offer stage – employment is conditional on obtaining and maintaining this license)
BENEFITS OF JOINING OUR TEAM
- Part of a larger image: socially responsible company that returns all profits to the province and the people of Ontario
- Flexible work environment: to help balance work and life
- You count: family-friendly work practices and remote work
- Freedom to innovate: supports new and better ways to succeed
- Be your Authentic Self: environment that values diversity as a source of strength
- Learning galore: 24/7 access to robust online learning programs
- Public Service Pension Plan: participate in a large defined benefit pension plan sponsored by the Ontario government
- Variable compensation program: performance-based incentives to share our success (permanent OLG employees only)
Learn about OLG – GAME ON!
OLG’s goal is to contribute to a better Ontario by providing great entertainment experiences for our customers. We are a several billion dollars organization with a wide range of business lines including lottery, land-based casinos, digital lottery and casino, horse racing and charitable gaming. OLG is in the midst of a massive transformation to become customer obsessed and take our digital business to a whole new level.
The key to our success is our people. Our culture will be based on real, positive partnerships that embrace trust, clarity and openness in everything we do. We support and empower employees and teams across the organization through greater accountability, leadership development and growth opportunities. OLG is embracing more flexible work options and family-friendly work practices, including remote work.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion are essential elements of our culture, the cornerstone of our values of respect, integrity, stewardship and excellence. At OLG, our employees have the space to be themselves and use their perspectives and skills for the benefit of the people and the province of Ontario.
As we reshape and grow our business, we are unwavering when it comes to living our purpose and ensuring our business delivers meaningful results. benefits for the people of Ontario. OLG’s net profits are reinvested in the province, contributing to the quality of life of Ontarians.
To learn more about OLG, visit our website at www.olg.ca
We look forward to hearing from you, interested candidates should apply online by September 30, 2022.
OLG is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please contact Human Resources at [email protected] if you require accommodation at any time during the hiring process.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.