LEONARDTOWN, MD– StartWednesday, December 1st at 10 a.m.The Chesapeake Public Charter School (CPCS) online lottery app will beOPEN.
- All interested families should complete the online applications at cpcsapplication.com during the open registration period. (This includes all families / siblings who were on the waiting list during the 21/22 school year). For the 2022-2023 school year, the online application link becomes LIVE at December 1, 2021 at 10:00 a.m. and closes at midnight on December 31, 2021.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, there will be threevirtualThis year’s question-and-answer sessions will be held on the following dates:
- Thursday December 2 at 5-6 p.m.– InterestedKindergartenFamilies
- Monday December 6 at 5-6 p.m.– InterestedMiddle schoolFamilies
- Thursday December 9 at 5-6 p.m.– Interested1st-5th yearFamilies
A zoom link and informational videos / slides, which can be viewed prior to the Q&A sessions, will be available on the CPCS website. https://schools.smcps.org/cpcs/ December 1, 2021. Zoom Q&A sessions will be recorded and posted on the CPCS website.
- Families must enter a valid email address and create a password to create a free account. The app also has a mobile-friendly platform. This account should be monitored for information regarding submission status, acceptance / waiting list notifications.
- All applications must be completed online.The order in which the application is submitted does not affect the selection process. It doesn’t matter whether a family submits an application on the first day or the last day since the lottery is a computerized raffle.The application is available in several languages.
- The official lottery will take place at the end of January 2022.
- Kindergarten families will be notified by email at the end of the lottery of their acceptance or waiting list status. All other families of Grades 1-8 will receive an email indicating their waitlist status and will be offered places as they open during the summer months.
For more information, please contact the main school office at 301-863-9585, ext 0.