GAME ON – OLG needs you
We said GAME ON, and we mean it – OLG is rapidly transforming its organization to better serve Ontarians by delivering exceptional gaming experiences through our digital, retail lottery and land-based casino channels. In our 2019-20 fiscal year alone, OLG achieved over $2.3 billion in net profits in the province of Ontario. OLG is now expanding its horizons even further, with a new strategic direction, to become a global leader in gaming entertainment with a globally admired digital platform.
We are ready to take this game to the next level and need a Senior Anti-Money Laundering Specialist who will use multiple sources of data to conduct ongoing monitoring of business relationships to identify risks or customer trends and prepare suspicious transaction reports (STRs) for submission to FINTRAC through the team AML declaration.
YOUR ROLE IN THE GAME
Reporting to the Anti Money Laundering Director, you will be empowered to:
- Be an expert and stay current with all applicable AML laws and regulations.
- Collect, collate, analyze and assess information/intelligence from a range of sources to identify suspicious activity that may be an indicator of money laundering and terrorist financing activity at Ontario casinos.
- Perform ongoing monitoring and risk assessment of gaming clients.
- Design queries to probe data sources to provide insights into AML surveys.
- Support intelligence gathering and analysis using social media and other open source platforms in accordance with applicable legal requirements and industry best practices.
- Prepare written suspicious transaction reports, as appropriate, for FINTRAC purposes.
- Work with the OLG Enterprise Analytics group to identify and use relevant data sources for business relationship monitoring.
- Provide operational, tactical and strategic analytical support related to the tools and procedures used within OLG’s AML unit.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of systems to analyze data, identify trends, provide accurate reporting and proactive identification of suspicious activity and/or potential non-compliance with AML requirements.
- Provide advice to staff regarding suspicious transactions and compliance with anti-money laundering obligations.
- Provide advice to internal and external partners on issues specific to compliance with anti-money laundering procedures.
- Assist in the development and documentation of required policies, procedures, internal control manuals and analytical rules, as required.
- Diagnose gaps and identify opportunities for improvement of the AML program.
- Contribute to analyzes of consolidated reports for the Board of Directors (including the Audit and Risk Management Committee of the Board), the Executive Committee and senior management on areas of concern, including material non-compliances and corrective plans.
- Actively participate as a member of project teams when representing the OLG AML unit.
WHAT YOU NEED TO PLAY
Professional experience: Minimum of two (2) years of experience in an insight/data driven, analytical or reporting environment; 5 years of experience in a compliance environment; experience in augmenting, collecting and creating reports/dashboards and working with various data sources/sets; familiar with web analytics (Google Analytics, Omniture, etc.) and data visualization software (Tableau, Domo, PowerBI, etc.) to collaborate with Enterprise Analytics managers and effectively extract insights from from the key tools that underpin their dashboards/reports; Preferred AML experience
Education: Post-secondary degree or diploma in a related field (finance, law, criminology, business administration, public administration, information systems, statistics, etc., preferred) or equivalent experience; Preferred CAMS designation
Knowledge of: All applicable AML laws and regulations; understanding of money laundering techniques and how they can be used in the gambling industry; knowledge of the Gaming Control Act and the Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation Act is an asset; in-depth knowledge of MS Office Access, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Critical Skills: Ability to transform data into actionable information; ability to synthesize data to create effective reports; excellent critical thinking skills, very meticulous with superior attention to detail; Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Cooperation and fun: Inclusive and collaborative work style while creating fun and excitement in our work
Integrity and trust: Do what is right and operate with transparency and openness
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS, CERTIFICATES:
- AGCO Category 1 Gaming Assistant Registration (initiated at offer stage – employment is conditional on obtaining and maintaining this license)
BENEFITS OF JOINING OUR TEAM
Part of a larger image: socially responsible company that returns all profits to the province and the people of Ontario
Flexible work environment: to help balance work and life
You count: family-friendly work practices and remote work
Freedom to innovate: supports new and better ways to succeed
Be your Authentic Self: environment that values diversity as a source of strength
Learning galore: 24/7 access to robust online learning programs
Public Service Pension Plan: participate in a large defined benefit pension plan sponsored by the Ontario government
Variable compensation program: performance-based incentives to share our success (for OLG permanent employees only)
Learn about OLG – GAME ON!
OLG’s goal is to contribute to a better Ontario by providing great entertainment experiences for our customers. We are a multi-billion dollar organization with a wide range of business lines including lottery, land-based casinos, digital lottery and casino, horse racing and charitable gaming. OLG is in the midst of a massive transformation to become customer obsessed and take our digital business to a whole new level.
The key to our success is our people. Our culture will be based on real, positive partnerships that embrace trust, clarity and openness in everything we do. We support and empower employees and teams across the organization through greater accountability, leadership development and growth opportunities. OLG is embracing more flexible work options and family-friendly work practices, including remote work.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion are essential elements of our culture, the cornerstone of our values of respect, integrity, stewardship and excellence. At OLG, our employees have the space to be themselves and use their perspectives and skills for the benefit of the people and the province of Ontario.
As we reshape and grow our business, we are unwavering when it comes to living our purpose and ensuring our business delivers meaningful results. benefits for Ontarians. OLG’s net profits are reinvested in the province, contributing to the quality of life of Ontarians.
To learn more about OLG, visit our website at www.olg.ca.
We look forward to hearing from you, interested candidates should apply online by July 4, 2022.
OLG is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please contact Human Resources at [email protected] if you require accommodation at any time during the hiring process.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.